If you’re looking for a fun way to stay active, socialize, and learn something new, why not consider taking private dance lessons in Latin styles?
Private Latin dance lessons: What to choose ?
In this post, we will explore some of the most popular Latin dance styles you might encounter in your private lessons:
- Bachata is a sensual and romantic dance that originated in the Dominican Republic. The basic steps are a three-step movement to the side followed by a tap, and then a reverse three-step to the other side. Bachata music has a distinctive guitar-driven sound with heartfelt lyrics that tell stories of love, heartbreak, and passion.
- Cha cha cha is a lively and upbeat dance that originated in Cuba. It’s quick, sharp movements and a playful rhythm makes it easy to pick up. The basic steps involve a triple step followed by two quick steps, and the dance is often performed to Latin jazz or salsa music.
- Paso Doble is a dramatic and intense dance that originated in Spain. Traditional bullfighting culture inspired it, and mimics the movements of the bullfighter and the cape. Dancers perform Paso Doble to classical Spanish music, featuring sharp and precise footwork, strong body movements, and a dramatic flair.
- Rumba is a sensual and romantic dance that originated in Cuba. Dancers perform slow, deliberate movements and a focus on hip motion. The basic steps involve a quick-quick-slow rhythm with a strong emphasis on the second beat. Rumba music often features a slow, sultry beat with emotional lyrics.
- Mambo is an energetic and fast-paced dance that originated in Cuba. The basis of Mambo are sharp movements and a syncopated rhythm that’s both challenging and fun. The basic steps involve a forward and backward rock step followed by a side step and then a pause. Mambo music is often a fusion of Latin and jazz elements.
- Tango is a dramatic and passionate dance that originated in Argentina. Close embrace and intricate footwork are the bases of this dance. The basic steps involve a series of forward and backward movements with small, quick steps. Tango music has a distinct sound that’s often characterized by the melancholic sound of the bandoneon.
Why take private Latin dance lessons with us?
With our Latin styles dance lessons you’ll have the opportunity to work one-on-one with an experienced instructor, getting your specific needs and goals tailored. You can learn at your own pace, focusing on one or many of the dance styles of your choosing.
In addition to the physical and mental benefits of dancing, you will have a chance to meet new people. You can make yourself seen and desired on the dance floor by performing Latino dances, which exhume innate passion and sensuality.
Whether it’s the sensual rhythms of bachata, the lively beat of cha cha cha, the dramatic flair of paso doble, the romantic sway of rumba, the fast-paced energy of mambo, or the passionate embrace of tango, there’s a Latin dance style that’s sure to capture your heart.